Proposal: Leading Roles (might) make you Famous
Adminned at 11 Feb 2007 21:57:52 UTC
Rewrite the Rule “Fame” so that it reads:
Every Actor has a Fame statistic, tracked in the GNDT. Fame is an integer from 0-100. Actors start with a Fame of 0.
Multiply each Actor’s Fame by 10.
Create a new Rule called “Press Conference and After Party” with text:
Whenever an Actor adds a film and named role to eir own Filmography, e must make a GNDT comment of “PRESS DICE100” and then make a Press Conference Post within 15 minutes, or else the addition of that film and role is considered invalid (as if it had never been made).
A post to the main blog is considered a Press Conference Post if all of the following are satisfied:
* The author has added a film and named role to eir own Filmography within the 15 minutes prior to its posting
* The author has not already made a Press Conference Post since the addition of that film and role
* The post reports the title of that film and the name of that role
* The post reports the result of the first “PRESS DICE100” roll the author made in the GNDT since adding that film and role
* The post reports its author’s Fame statistic
* The post is titled “Press Conference”
When an Actor makes a Press Conference Post, if the reported DICE100 result is less than or equal to half of eir Fame, then e becomes the subject of the first Gossip Story named in comments to the post by another Actor (as soon as such a comment is made). If the result is greater than half of eir Fame, the post is also considered an After Party Post, and the author of the post is its Host. 24 hours after an After Party Post is made, the the Host and every Actor who has commented on that post gain fame as follows:
*The Host gains 1 Fame for every other Actor that commented to the post, with a minimum gain of 1, and a maximum gain of 10.
*Any other Actor that commented to the post gains an amount of fame equal to 1/10 of the Fame that the Host had at the time the post was made (rounded up to the next whole number), with a minimum gain of 1, and a maximum gain of 5.
Any cheese awarded as the direct result of this Proposal’s Enactment shall go to Amnistar, rather than to Hix.