Timed out. Failed 4-8 with one abstention. - Shadowclaw
Adminned at 08 Mar 2006 10:22:23 UTC
Add a rule titled Podules:
Any Gostak with a positive number of Dosh may decrease that number by one to create a Podule. When a Podule is created, it is entered into the Ruleset under the Podules subrule “Active Podules”. Any Podule that is outside of the subrule “Active Podules” shall have no effect on the rules or gamestate.
No Podule may contain more than two clauses, nor may a Podule be longer in length than one sentence. All Podules must be grammatical and free from errors in spelling and punctuation. All Podules must contain the name of the Gostak that created them at the end of the sentence, in italics and enclosed by parentheses. A Podule may optionally be given an italic title on creation.
In the case that a Podule contradicts or is otherwise in conflict with any Rule or Law, precedence shall always be given to the Rule or Law in question.
Podules may not:
- Give or take Dosh from any Gostak, or specify that Dosh be given or taken from any Gostak at a future time.
- Specify or alter any conditions of victory, or establish conditions under which victory cannot be declared.
- Define or re-define existing Ruleset terminology.
- Change or entail the change of any state that is recorded in the GNDT.
- Move or otherwise alter rule text.
- Specify conditions on the creation of new podules
Any Gostak with a positive number of Dosh may decrease that number by one to move any Podule that is listed under the Podule subrule “Active Podules” to the subrule “Inactive Podules”.
Add two subrules to Podules, titled “Active Podules” and “Inactive Podules”.
Unless more than half of the votes on this proposal contain the phrase “That’s playing with fire!”, give all Gostaks one Dosh.
The idea is to create a sandbox in which the players can create new rules that don’t interfere (so much) with the old ones. If you see a consequence of this rule that causes the game to break, point it out and I’ll kill this proposal. Thanks to Bucky for specifying necessary conditions on Podules to prevent breakage.