Reaches quorum. 12-1. -Ornithopter
Adminned at 04 Apr 2010 21:44:10 UTC
If the rules “The Settlement” and “Energy” don’t exist then this proposal does nothing.
Otherwise, add a new subrule to the rule “Energy”, entitled “Tasks”:
A Colonist can perform the following tasks:
* Mine. This can only be performed by a Colonist adjacent to Rock. The Colonist may spend 8 Energy to turn the Rock into empty space and move into it.
* Chop wood. This can only be performed by a Colonist adjacent to a Large Tree. The Colonist may spend (4x) Energy to add x Wood to the Colony Stockpile.
* Fish. This can only be performed by a Colonist adjacent to water. The Colonist may spend 4 Energy to add 1 Food to the Colony Stockpile.
* Hunt. Any Colonist can perform this task. The Colonist may spend 10 Energy to add 4 Food to the Colony Stockpile. This may only be performed by once, by one Colonist, in a 24 hour period.
Add a new rule to the ruleset, entitled “Jobs”:
Each Colonist can have a job, which is tracked in the GNDT. The default is Peasant.
A Colonist can earn a job title by performing the same task repeatedly. A Colonist who is a Peasant may change their Job to any Job whose criteria they have met within the last week. A Colonist with a Job that is not Peasant may only change their job to Peasant.
The jobs are as follows:
* Peasant: Any Colonist can become a Peasant at any time.
* Miner: A Colonist who has performed the Mine task three times in one week may become a Miner. A Miner can Mine by spending 6 Energy instead of the usual 8, and may add 1 Rock to the colony stockpile each time they Mine.
* Woodcutter. A Colonist who has performed the Chop Wood task three times in one week may become a Woodcutter. A Woodcutter can spend 3x Energy to gain x wood instead of the usual 4x.
* Fisher. A Colonist who has performed the Fish task three times in one week may become a Fisher. A Fisher gains 2 Food each time they Fish instead of the usual 1.
Create a rule entitled Stockpile:
The Colony Stockpile is tracked at the wiki page Stockpile.
Revert any changes made to this page made after this proposal was posted and link to it in the sidebar, then add 4 Rock, 4 Wood, 10 Food and 1 Anvil to it. Change each Colonists’ Job to Peasant.