- Welcome back to Reality TV! Today, I’m going to show you some of the contestant’s diary entries.
[Diary entries play]
[Outside. There is a beach; on the sea, a container ship can be seen receding into the distance, and the wreckage of a tower crane is clearly visible. A cameraman is setting up a camera.]
- I was wondering when you’d get here. I’ve been stuck here for weeks now, wondering when the show would start. And without even a cameraman to set things up!
- Well, I’m here now. Sorry, I was busy with another programme.
- I wonder when the first contestant’s going to arrive? I’m not entirely sure I properly understand this “reverse reality TV” idea. And what a mess there is here; I don’t get why they dug that hole and dropped that container in anyway…
- Well, I understand the idea easily enough; the contestants arrive one at a time, and I think the public have some say as to who arrives first.
- I’m not even entirely sure what the rules are!
- Well, you’ll just have to make some up. Or ask the contestants for ideas, I suppose; that’s always fun. Also, we should be able to link up with another reality TV show, to do joint challenges and other such events. It’ll be fun!
- And you know the worst of it? I have absolutely no idea where I am!
The diary-room camera has never worked. However, when I went down to the camera run; I found a few Polaroid photos; it seems the cameraman has been resourceful about such things, or maybe he took “cameraman” rather too literally. The graphic artists back at the TV company HQ did a good job trying to get the lips to move in sync with the words, though, so hopefully nobody will notice.