Monday, September 07, 2009

Proposal: A reason to eliminate the Cult

sk’d then vetoed -Darth

Adminned at 07 Sep 2009 19:37:18 UTC

Create a subrule to “Doomsday Cult”, called “Cult Attacks”:

As a weekly action, a Cultist can send a private message to the Leader stating that they’re organising an assassination of a Cultist. Upon receiving this message, the Leader should reduce the Stamina of the chosen Cultist by 5, with the reason “Cult activity”.

Create a subrule to “Doomsday Cult”, called “Revenge agains the Cult”:

As a weekly action, a non-Infected Survivor who has previously had their Stamina due to Cult activity can perform a Fitness Check to try to fight back against the Cult. If the check is passed, then the next time the Leader reduces the Stamina of anyone due to Cult activity, he should reduce the Stamina of a random chosen Cultist by 5, with the reason “Cult activity”; the order in which the Staminas are reduced should be chosen at random so as to not give away which target was the Cultist, and which was the Cult’s target.

Create a subrule to “Doomsday Cult”, called “Locating the Cult”:

As a weekly action, a non-Cultist Survivor can send a private message to the Leader, specifying a Survivor who he wants to Investigate; that Survivor becomes an Investigated Survivor for that week. As soon as is reasonable after the start of each week, the Leader must make a post with “[Investigation Results]” in its title, listing all Investigated Survivors for the previous week, along with either “Cultist” or “Non-Cult” for each; one of those notations (chosen at random by the Leader) must be correct, and for each of the others the Leader must make it correct with a 60% chance, and incorrect with a 40% chance.

If we want the Cult to do something, we need: a way for the Cult to hurt non-Cultists, a way for the ‘innocent’ players to fight back, and a way to determine who’s a cultist and who isn’t. There’s a tradeoff in the investigations; if only one person’s investigated each week, you’re going to get 100% accurate results, but the more people you investigate the more noise you’ll get.

Comments

Klisz:

09-07-2009 21:41:41 UTC

for

Darknight:

09-07-2009 21:57:39 UTC

imperial the main issue is the wording of the first rule. I’m assuming its suppost to be target a non cultist?

Ienpw III:

09-07-2009 22:49:48 UTC

Also the first sentence was probably intended to read “...their Stamina due to Cult lowered...”. Am I right?

Rodlen:

09-08-2009 00:29:45 UTC

against So, um…Cultists fight Cultists now?

Qwazukee:

09-08-2009 00:46:47 UTC

imperial

ais523:

09-08-2009 01:51:43 UTC

err, yes, error in the first sentence, against and I’ll use my other slot to submit a fixed version.

Klisz:

09-08-2009 02:35:22 UTC

veto