Thursday, June 21, 2018

Proposal: compact card formats

Self Killed by Card. Failed by Derrick

Adminned at 22 Jun 2018 13:11:27 UTC

Apend to “Cards” the text

Cards may be represented in the ruleset or proposals in the following form:
      ==Title== #Score# [Type] {Constraint} ^Up Effect^ $Down Effect$
Any cards used for this dynasty that appear in a wikipage in a different form may be converted to this form. Cards may never contain the characters ‘#’, ‘^’, ‘{', '}’, ‘[’, ‘]’, or ‘$’ in any of their fields.

remove
“In a proposal, the shorthand (which ignores capitalization)
“add the following card to the ruleset:
title: X
score: Y
constraint: Z
up effect: W
down effect: V”
where the parameters are the fields to their left, stands for the text
‘Make a subrule “X” of Cards under the heading “List of Cards” with the text
score: Y
constraint: Z
up effect: W
down effect: V’” from the ruleset.

I made all of the pieces of a card have characters that probably wouldn’t be useful anyway surround certain fields so that any of the effects could have multiple sentences without having errors. Specifically avoided parenthesis since they could be used in place of the other bracket characters.

Comments

Kevan:

06-21-2018 14:43:05 UTC

Are you intending the wiki to pick up on the “==Title==” and make a section heading? Because it looks like it ignores it if the line has other content beyond the second ==.

“#Score# [Type]” might be more human readable as “[Type Score]”.

(You’ve also put your “remove” clause inside the blockquote, here.)

9spaceking:

06-21-2018 14:43:48 UTC

for

Kevan:

06-21-2018 14:45:02 UTC

against Per above.

If we’re going to have more than a few dozen cards it might be worth getting away from one-section-per-card thing entirely and just having a numbered list to roll dice against.

Brendan:

06-21-2018 15:18:42 UTC

against

LinkVanyali:

06-21-2018 18:30:27 UTC

against

Axemabaro:

06-21-2018 21:06:27 UTC

against

card:

06-22-2018 00:19:55 UTC

against oh I did mess up that blockquote